“Maybelline New York introduces the first ever gel whipped formula foundation that glides on smoothly to give flawless, spotless skin. The foundation has a water and powder gel texture, which hydrates skin for 12 hours and delivers a soft matte finish for velvet-smooth perfection. So be ready to flaunt a fresh base look which feels fresh as it covers!”
- Soft-matte hydrating foundation.
- 12-H hydration and velvet smooth finish.
- 2X Velvety hydrating matte.
- Non-drying formulation.
- Ideal for normal to combination skin.
Do you remember the Dream Matte “moose” foundation that used to (still does?😐) come in a pot? Well, I hated that one and this, thankfully is NOT like that.
I have not been using a foundation which has a term “matte” on the box for years now. Reason – I have drought ridden face that has a constant need for moisture. So I generally stick to tinted moisturisers, dewy foundations or moisturising BB creams. So clearly this is a welcome change for me.
I have been using this foundation for 5 months now (I know it recently launched in India, I got mine from the US), so here are a few pros and cons that you should know before you go ahead and buy it.
- provides cream-to-powder finish as it says
- is defiantly moisturising as compared to other “matte” foundations
- stays put on face for hours, very longlasting
- medium coverage, easily buildable
- comes in a plastic tube packaging, hence keeping it safe from airborne bacteria.
- fragrance free
- it WILL stick to dry patches on you face if you have any and emphasise them. So exfoliated skin is a must.
- it also creeps into the fine lines and exaggerates them. Light application around the eyes is suggested.