Heady. Heavy. Spicy. Floral. Gourmand. These are few of words that must incorporate the description box of a good winter scent. As winter comes, I do drifts towards scents that fulfil the above attributes. There is something comforting about the succulence and headiness of these fragrances that makes winter comforting. A nice whiff of sandalwood or spiced vanilla or heavy jasmine adds personality to the thick and heavy winter wear.
So above pictured are my top five winter ‘fumes that I own along with the somewhat hilarious and over the top description provided by their official websites.
- Tom Ford’s Black Orchid – The custom grown (and über rare) TOM FORD BLACK ORCHID is the show-stopping note in this incredibly luxurious scent. Sultry woods and rich fruit accords help to bring out the skin’s natural perfume, and the jet-black, art-deco inspired bottle adds to the fragrances overall glamour.
Bergamot, Citrus, Mandarin, Black Gardenia, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Lotus Wood, Orchid, Spicy Floral Accord, Orchid (Tom Ford Black Accord), Patchouli, Sandalwood, Incense, Vanilla.
Luxurious. Sensual. Timeless.
- Vince Camuto – This first fragrance by Vince Camuto is contemporary, sexy and sophisticated. The top notes are enriched with intoxicating notes of rum absolute and osmanthus nectar. A heart is opulent and floral, composed of Bulgarian rose and night blossoming jasmine enhanced with leather notes, while a base incorporates vanilla, absolute, sensual patchouli, hot Brazilian amber and leathery musk. Fragrance Vince Camuto is available in a gorgeous glass flacon with stylish cap shaped like logo of the brand.
- Agent Provocateur’s L’Agent – L’Agent is seductive and sensual as all the previous editions are, but noticeably darker, more powerful and more mysterious. L’Agent is a provocative fragrance for women of strong character, a smell that hypnotizes your senses with its magical notes of Orient flowers, warm amber and sensual and erotic musk.
Top opening bursts with pink pepper, davana oil, rosewood, ylang-ylang and angelica. Amazingly powerful and tempting heart blends floral notes of Bourbon geranium, May rose, Sambac jasmine, tuberose and osmanthus. The base includes the darkest and most enigmatic ingredients of patchouli, sandalwood, amber crystals, tonka bean, labdanum, myrrh, black incense and musk.
In addition to the pyramidal structure, the perfume composition also contains a new secret ingredient of pheromones, guaranteeing heart-winning excitement.
- D&G’s The One – The One is a warm, oriental floral, with modern sensuality – a fragrance with a strong personality, and a contrasting golden sweetness. Created for the ultimate diva, The One is at once tempting, modern, and glamorous, embracing a touch of classicism. The top notes radiate a vibrant luminosity, with a sun-touched citrus, while warm fruity notes of luscious lychee and succulent peach add to the delight. The passionate heart evokes an exploding femininity, with an opulent floral soul, creating a distinct, audacious signature. An unexpected hint of plum glows as the base finally blooms with luscious allure into the lasting warmth of vanilla and sweetened ambery-musk notes.
Notes: Mandarin, Lychee, Peach, Madonna Lily, Muguet, Plum, Jasmine, Vetiver, Vanilla, Amber, Musk.
Tempting. Modern. Glamorous.
- Chanel’s Coco Noir – Magnetic and uncompromising, COCO NOIR embodies a black mystery that is intimate, seductive and intensely brilliant. Striking top notes of grapefruit and bergamot accentuate the rose and jasmine infused floral accord, while notes of Indonesian patchouli and sandalwood add warmth.