I thought, why not try something different this time. Afterall this is a “fashion, beauty and LIFESTYLE” blog.
I made this cake a while ago, and had posted its pics on my Instagram, Twitter and Google+ page. A lot of people commented and asked me for the recipe.
Although I was very unsure, on whether I should post this or not, but..finally decided to go ahead… 🙂
For this cake, first, you simply need to make a chocolate fudge cake. Now for the lengthy but easy recipe, I would request you to click here . This is my friend (and lucky for me, also my neighbour…ah the perks!!) Priyanka’s Food Blog – iCook. She is an amazing cook, you have to check out her blog.
While the cake/fudge is in the oven, we can prepare our whipped cream :
You Need :
- 1 cup heavy cream (chilled, as it is easier to whip)
- 1/3 cup or 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla extract
What you need
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup white sugar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- okay, a naughty addition, red wine 😉
- Combine everything except for wine in a saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add wine and take it off the heat.
- You can use a blender to puree the mixture, but I like getting chunks of strawberries, so I simply mashed them.