After months or Lip Butters and tinted lip balms, we finally can fashionably sport deep dark lips as the winter comes..Plums,Prunes, Berrys, Burnt orange/red or brown are the colours for the season
Wearing a dark lip may be bit difficult if you are not used to. But good news, you can easily find very wearable plum and berry shades in lipstick ranges with “sheer” formula, like, YSL Rogue Volupte Shine, Clarins Rogue Prodige Shine, L’Oreal Nutri Shine and Bourjois’ Rouge Edition Shine Lipsticks. Notice, all of them have a “shine” to them. 😉
The choice of brand totally depends on your liking. Not at all necessary that you buy a $50 Tom Ford Lipstick. Personally, I find the formulations of Bourjois, Rimmel, Revlon and L’Oreal lip colours as good as any high end one. Like from all the 11 lip colors I have mentioned here, my favourite formula is the Rimmel Kate Moss one, and the colour that is most flattering on me is the Lotus Herbals Pink Wink.
Anyways, above are the lip colors I am loving these days. I wanted to do a top 10 but I had to include the YSL one, my least favourite but a beautiful colour.
Please ignore the “fuschia” error in the photograph 😛
If I have to to a Top 10/11…taking all factors in consideration (colour, packaging, formulation, longevity and how flattering it is on me!) the the list would be :
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick Kate Moss – 107 (I Love You Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss 107. I really do!!)
- Givenchy Rouge Interdit – Mystic Pink (My latest love!! I am cheating on Rimmel with this one :P)
- Clarins Rouge Prodige – Raspberry Sorbet (Best formula, very moisturising and comfortable, pretty colour too)
- L’Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain – Infinite Fuchsia ( SEXY!, the sexiest shade and formula but a little hard to wear)
- Estee Lauder Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick – BlackCherry (Vampy Vampy Vampy)
- M.A.C Ruby Woo ( Ya ya.. best lipstick ever and all that jazz…hate the formula…great colour)
- Max Factor Colour Elixir – Ruby Tuesday ( Great colour, good formula..but bleeds)
- Lotus Floral Stay – Pink Mink (bad texture, pretty pretty colour)
- Max Factor Cube Gloss – Wild Cherry (Love it…just bored of it now..)
- Sleek True Colour Lipstick Matte – Cranberry (Great colour, very flattering, but awful formula)
- Yves Saint Laurent Lip Twin – Pink Harmony (Gimmicky, not comfortable with lip brush application, but immensely pretty colour)
…so what is your favourite lipcolour for autumn/winter????