The first of its kind, the Neutrogena Wave® original vibrating power-cleanser is still shaking up the cleansing world with its gentle vibrations. It’s guaranteed to leave skin feeling softer and smoother after just 1 use, and cleans 10x deeper to remove more oil, dirt, and makeup than traditional cleansing. It’s so gentle you can use it daily. Plus, it’s water-resistant, so you can use it at the sink or in the shower.
- Gentle for daily use
- 2 weeks supply of foaming pads
- Dermatologist tested
For a quick brush up on the above three cleansing ststems :
Clarasonic – $200 more or less + bristles+ Works on sonic vibrations+ huge and not so travel friendly
Olay – $35 approx + spinning bristles + much smaller than Clarasonic
Neutrogena– $15 (800< in India) + Cleansing Pads (disposable) + vibrating action+travel friendly
The product is said to be gentle enough for daily usage. The company asserts that it cleans 10x more than regular cleansing. The Neutrogena Power Cleanser does not have a spinning/oscillating action. It simply vibrates. The most of cleansing it done by the foaming pads which are slightly abrasive/exfoliating, in a good way. The machine helps in increasing the blood circulaton, the pads help in exfoliation. Together, they give nice and deep cleansing to the skin.
- Vibrating action increases blood circulation.
- Cleanses really well
- Yes, the skin does feel softer
- Cheap, compared to its comptition
- Travel friendly
- Dermatologically tested, can be used on acne prone skin (Clarasonic is not advised for acne prone skin)
- Easily available at drugstores
- The foaming pads have SLS and parabens in ingredient list.
- Runs on battery, I do not mind, some pay prefer something rechargable
- To use it with other products, you need to wash the pads off the cleansing product.
- There should have been a box for storing the pads more hygenically.
It has been more than a week since I have been using this, and I am liking it a lot. It does cleanse and exfoliate my skin pretty darn good. Although, I do not use it daily as I don’t think it is required.
The only problem is that I wish the pads were without any cleanser/foaming wash of their own, as I would have loved the freedom of using my own preffered product.