I remember being about 14 when the movie Chicago was released. I also remember being in complete awe of the flawless choreography, Richard Gere and off-course the sassy Catherine Zeta Jones‘s character Velma Kelly.
Recently I got to see this marvel of a musical movie, and fell in love with it again, but this time, I was in awe of Rene Zellweger. It was amazing watching her character Roxie Hart transform from a damsel in distress to this “killer” queen of hearts.
So of course this look that I did is is basically a haphazardly created cocktail of Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart, the murderess flappers of the roaring twenties.
- be as pale as possible
- apply a pretty good amount of blush on your cheeks for a pinched look
- draw your lips in the shape of a heart
- pucker up with deep red lips
- keep the face matte
- the flapper dress – basically a super sequinned black/gold/beige/pearl white dress with fringe or layers.
- multiple pearl necklaces worn together
- fur (faux fur 😉 )
- a pretty headband
What Do You Need For The Look?
I hope you liked the look, and I hope it met the standards of a proper OOTD/Halloween post 😛
Love to all my readers!!
till next time you lovely ladies!!
PS – I am NOT, in any manner, trying to stylize/promote cigarette smoking. It is injurious to health and should not be done. The cigarette used was not smoked, and was used as a prop for illustration of the “flapper-era”.