September was my wedding anniversary, so obviously, September is one of my favourite months. Hubby & I went to Jodhpur and stayed there for a week or so. So this months favourite are slightly travel friendly, not just in the sense of being easy to carry around, but also in the sense of helping my skin remain calm despite the environment change.
- Origins A Perfect Day Moisturizer : Flights make everyone’s skin drier. This was my saviour. It kept my skin nicely hydrated and soft.
- Vichy Purete Thermale Micellar Water : Costlier than the famous Bioderma, this one is a bit more easily available substitute. Also, works as good as Bioderma (if not better). INR890. Bioderma is available for INR 860. Both 250 ml.
- The Body Wash Rainforest Shampoo & Conditioner : I have been loving this very controversial product. So far, working for me!
- Vichy Purete Thermale Foam Cleanser : This is the perfect foam face wash. Very gentle on skin. Works great in conjunction with the micellar solution.
- Accessorize Masquerade Palette : I am loving this palette thoroughly. It has the perfect mix of eyeshadows, blushes, bronzer and pressed powder. The eyeshadows has a few natural matte browns as well, which worked as brow powder. The palette is light as air and very sleek. Perfect for travelling. Has blushes and eyeshadows perfect for day & night.
- Garnier Light Eye Roll On (Tinted) : First time user of this little bugger. Pretty good coverage ( not full though). Cheap. Easily Available. Easy to carry and apply.
- The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Compact Cream to Powder Foundation : Easy to carry. Good coverage. Easy to blend.
- L’Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain : YSL Rouge Vernis a Levers Lip Stain dupe. Infact, the share the formula down to the last ingredient. FYI, Yves Saint Laureant is owned by L’Oreal (like many other luxury brands like Lancome, Biotherm, Kerastase, Urban Decay, La Roche Posay, Kiehl’s Vichy and Body Shop to name a few). So next time you see an item from any of these “luxury” brands, do compare ingredients with the basic L’Oreal “drugstore” ones.
- L’Oreal True Match BB Cream : The BB cream which is almost as good as a Korean one. SPF 35. Stays Put. Moisturizing. Better than the Base Magique one. Multiple ingredients – and all are great for skin. Reviewed here.
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara : Great volumizing mascara. Affordable.