Finally, after much deliberation, I decided to buy L’Oreal’s True Match BB Cream. Generally, I wouldn’t buy a BB cream if it’s not Korean. They are like, the originals, and only Koreans know how to nail a BB Cream.
These American/British/Australian/French brands could never tickle my fancy. They only took their tinted moisturizers and renamed them BB/CC Creams.
But this one got me. It got me by its classy looks and shockingly low price. I mean its L’Oreal, and it has a BB Cream worth INR 550!! Plus, wait till you read its compnents…
- Powered with SPF 35 PA+++ and Collagen providing 24 hour hydration
- 1st hyaluronic bb cream: secures moisture for healthy youthful skin
- A BB Skin Care Revolution: Skin’s Smoothness is retexturizes,brightness retoned, and perfected from within.
- Retexturize: Adenosine, dermatologically known anti-ageing active to smooth skin texture.
- Retone: Vitamin CG evens skin clarity. Brown spots and yellowish skin tone instantly appears to be neutralized.
- Protect: SPF 35+++ shields skin against environmental assault
Vitamin Cg – this is a synthetic form of Vitamin C this is highly prized for its ability to firm the skin and fight against oxidative stress and damage. As the Vitamin Cg penetrates the dermal layer of skin where it stimulates the production of new collagen, it transforms into a more pure form of the ingredient where it is gradually released over a 24 hour period.
Adenosine – Adenosine penetrates deeply into the skin to help prevent wrinkles, reduce UV B sun damage. Adenosine increases the production of dermal fibroblast proteins ( elastin and collagen) reducing skin sagginess and improving tone. It also increases blood flow to the outer layers of skin improving damage repair and cell volume resulting in a fuller appearance.
- Apricot Kernel Oil – good antioxidant
- Passiflora Edunis Oil/Passionfruit – anti- inflammatory + emollient rich in Calcium, Phosphorous and Vit C.
- Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil – skin conditioner
- Coriander Sativam Oil – “skin-quencher” + helps regeneration of skin
- Jojoba Oil – cosidered the “jack of all skin trades” great moisturiser and soother even works well for oily/acne prone skin.
- Great price, considering L’Oreal is a higher drugstore brand.
- Light to medium coverage
- Stays put for a good 3-4 hours without primer (yea..I think that a plus as no non-Korean BB cream stays on my face for more that an hour or two).
- SPF 35 PA+++ (PA+++ is highest standard for sun protection in Asia)
- Has hyaluronic acid therefore mmore hydration
- Does not make skin oily.
- Works well as a base (for daytime)
- Has collagen, does make my skin a little supple 🙂
- Has Adenosine for wrinkles.
- Has Vitamin CG for clarifying skin
- Dimethicone! (although its fine in my books)
- finding true colour match is, ironically, difficult
benefits already, but remember, its a MAKEUP item and not skincare. These benefits are just added plus.